Cosmetic acupuncture is also known as acupuncture facial rejuvenation, and sometimes is called an “acupuncture facelift.” It is the modern use of traditional Chinese acupuncture techniques to slow the signs of aging, tune up your skin, and bring back that youthful glow to your face.
Cosmetic acupuncture is a great choice for anyone who wants to give their skin a little boost, but does not want to inject Botox, fillers, or go the surgical route. It also works well for younger women (and men) who would like their skin to look its best, as it treats acne, eczema, and rosacea as well.
Here are the top 5 benefits of cosmetic acupuncture…
- It’s effective. Cosmetic acupuncture increases the circulation in your skin, which tends to get a little sluggish as you age. The increased circulation brings nutrients like collagen back to where you want it—in your face and neck—and translates into better skin tone, fewer fine lines, and even some lift around sagging jowls and baggy eyes.
- It’s safe. No side effects here, other than the occasional bruise (which heals in less than a week)! You don’t have to worry about scarring, lumps, or botched procedures. It is all natural and chemical-free. There are no acid peels, Botox, or injectable fillers involved in the process.
- It’s painless. You may only feel minimal pinching sensation during the needling process, which is nothing compared to injection and peels, let alone surgery.
- It’s inexpensive. You’ll spend less money on cosmetic acupuncture than if you go the plastic surgery or injectable route. Each acupuncture treatment costs about $100 compared to several hundred or even thousands of dollars for injectables or surgery.
- It’s relaxing and flexible. Acupuncture increases the release of endorphins, the feel-good chemicals in your brain. This means that from the time you’re on the table and for hours, sometime days after your treatment, you’ll feel rested and less stressed. There is also no down time with cosmetic acupuncture. You can have a treatment at lunch and head back to work glowing and relaxed.
As Traditional Chinese Medicine is a holistic treatment system, cosmetic acupuncture conducted by a master acupuncturist like Dr. Lin also takes the approach of tuning up the overall well-being of the whole body and opening up healthy flows of blood and qi by applying needles to related acupuncture points on your face as well as other parts of the body if necessary.
Want more information about Dr. Benny Lin’s Acupuncture Clinic? Click here.