Michael Sheps, DC
Doctor of Chiropractic
|11710 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Dr. Michael D. Sheps is the owner of Michael D. Sheps Chiropractor and co-owner of Pacific Coast Sports Medicine in West Los Angeles. Over the last 27 years, Sheps’ renowned chiropractic and patent-pending pain management protocols have won the trust of Gold–Medal Olympic Athletes, the US Department of Defense’s Wounded Warriors Program, Hollywood celebrities, and countless individuals seeking relief. Taking a safe and systematic approach to chiropractic manipulation, Dr. Sheps makes chiropractic adjustments only when necessary, all the while educating his patients on daily self-care and rehabilitation techniques.
As a reputable figure in the emerging field of medical technology and health services, Sheps has developed a keen interest in multidisciplinary, solutions-driven research and has pioneered advancements in laser therapy. His partnership with Biolase, one of the world’s top laser manufacturing companies, led to the development of the Epic T–series laser. This device, designed specifically for fast, long lasting, and painless healing treatment, has earned Dr. Sheps the reputation as a laser therapy expert, as showcased in Maria Menounos’ book, The EveryGirl’s Guide to Diet and Fitness: How I Lost 40 pounds and Kept it Off.
Dr. Sheps trains and certifies practitioners in laser therapy, as well as lectures and provides clinical education about this quickly growing field. His laser therapy techniques have been replicated nationwide in top health care facilities such as the Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Health Center at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, Johns Hopkins University, the University of California Los Angeles, and have even been used to treat fungus on the toenails and tusks of elephants by Dave Fagan, Executive Director of the Colyer Institute in San Diego, CA.
To date, Dr. Sheps has developed 3 patent–pending protocols for pain management and musculoskeletal treatments that feature a combination of laser therapy, cryotherapy, decompression (VAX–D), shockwave therapy (EPAT), muscle stimulation (Hako–Med), and sequential compression (Pressodermie/Vacuodermie). These protocols augment the current programs offered at his West Los Angeles facility, Biggest Loser Resorts, and other clinics.
In 2012, Dr. Sheps co-founded IRG Medical, Inc. a Service–Disabled Veteran–Owned Small Business that empowers the medical and patient communities alike with proven and effective medical devices, treatment, and solutions. IRG Medical, Inc. focuses on the new economy of accelerating returns in medicine, has exclusive relationships with top medical professionals and vendors, as well as direct access to the most advanced medical devices available throughout the United States. This partnership affords Dr. Sheps’ patients a unique opportunity to experience innovative, proven, and results–focused care. IRG Medical, Inc. is a Singularity-Focused Company.
As a former athlete, Dr. Sheps has harnessed his passion for performance and poured it into supporting a myriad of world-class athletes such as Carmelita Jeter, Dominique Arnold, Felix Sanchez, and Allyson Felix, as well as members of the US National Female Gymnastics Team, NBA, NFL, MMA, and Collegiate Athletes.
Dr. Sheps commitment of excellence also extends outside of his practice and into the local community. For years he has been a proud supporter of Bobby Shriver, assisting with canvassing and fundraising for campaigns. In 2014, Dr. Sheps was appointed as the Company Chiropractor and a member of the Board of Directors for Los Angeles’ newest contemporary ballet company, Barak Ballet.
Dr. Sheps is currently developing unique therapy protocols for Osteoporosis and Osteogenesis Imperfecta and plans to announce the opening of new specialized clinics soon.
MEMBERSHIPS & MORE
- Owner and Clinic Director of private practice (1988 – present)
- Faculty member non–compensated (UCLA School of Medicine, Family Medicine: 1998 – 2006)
- Postgraduate Faculty (Texas College of Chiropractic: 1998 – 2006)
- Preceptor Faculty (LA College of Chiropractic, Clinical Internship Division: 1996 – 2006)
- Clinical Director of Medical Lasers, Biolase (2004 – present)
- California Member of the Board of Directors for California Massage Therapy Council (2011 – 2013)
- Partner of Pacific Coast Sports Medicine (2011 – present)
- Co–founder IRG Medical, Inc. (2012 – present)
- Advisory Board Member and Chiropractic Rehabilitation Director, Biggest Loser Resorts (2012 – present)
- Company Chiropractor and Advisory Board Member, Barak Ballet (2014 – present)
- California Chiropractic Association, former VP of Santa Monica Society
- McKenzie Institute (US Member)
- VAX–D Association
LASER THERAPY: Training & Treatments
- UCLA (2009 – 2011): Trained coaches and sports trainers, plus treated members of Men’s basketball team
- WORLD GYMNASTIC CHAMPIONSHIPS (Holland, 2009): Treatment of US National Team (chiropractic + laser)
- TRACK MEETS (2009 – present): Runs laser clinic at annual Mt. Sac Antonio College relays
- OLYMPIC TRAINING (2002 – present): Provides injury diagnosis, treatment, preventative care for Olympic teams including US, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, France, and England
- Dancing with the Stars: Treatment participants using laser therapy
- LA Clippers: Treatment of players using laser therapy
- Trained top leaders on laser therapy techniques at Hospital for Special Surgery (Orthopedic), UCLA, Biolase, Johns Hopkins, In–Clinic Training for Newport Beach Orthopedic Groups
CERTIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology, emphasis on Human Anatomy (Bloomfield College of New Jersey: 1982)
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, Life Chiropractic College, Marietta, GA (1984)
- Certificate of Proficiency, Logan Basic Technique (1985)
- Certification in Receptor–Tonus Method — “NIMMO” (1985)
- Doctor of Chiropractic (Life Chiropractic College, Marietta, GA: 1986)
- California State Board of Chiropractic License to Practice Chiropractic in California (1987)
- Certificate of Completion, Chiropractic Orthopedics (LA College of Chiropractic: 1989)
- Certified in Chiropractic Orthopedics & Rehabilitation (LA Chiropractic College: 1989)
- Credentialed in the McKenzie Method (1995)
- California Workers Compensation Disability Evaluator (LA College of Chiropractic: 1996)
- Certified in Cervical and Lumbar MedX (University of San Diego: 1997)
- Certified Therapist in VAX-D (Vertebral Axial Decompression) (1997)
- Qualified Medical Evaluator, State of California (1997)
- Credentialed in Mechanical Diagnosis & Therapy, McKenzie Institute International (Wellington, NZ: 1998)
- Certified in Logan Basic, Thompson Techniques, Palmer Method
LECTURE & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Lecture to medical staff for the gymnastics team (Holland, 2004)
- Guest Speaker for SRA’s seminar featuring Laser Therapy and SRA Diagnostics Pain Management & Function Outcomes (Los Angeles, September 2014)
- Keynote speaker at the World Clinical Laser & Imaging Super Symposium
- General Musculoskeletal Conditions (Huntington Beach, March 2013)
- Cervical Spine & TMJ (Huntington Beach, March 2014)
- Back Pain and Smoking, The UCLA Lung Health Study Newsletter (Summer, 1989)
- Leroy Goes to the Olympics (September 2011)
- The EveryGirl’s Guide to Diet and Fitness: How I Lost 40 pounds and Kept it Off (June 2014)